Film Critique Instructions and OUTLINE is mandatory
You will write a film critique as your final paper for this class. For Understanding Movies, the critique you write should equal approximately 5 pages or a total of 1000 words. It should be written in standard MLA style formatting.
Your critique should include the following information:
1. Title of Film, Director, Year Produced and Genre
2. Names of Main Characters and Actors playing the roles.
3. A VERY VERY VERY – Brief Synopsis of the plot and storyline.
4. Describe at least one scene in terms of each area below. .
c. production design
Please use terminology from course…an overabundance of words like close ups, long shots, and other simple terms, indicate you are not thoroughly investigating the film. To impress me you should use more technical language.
5. Less than a paragraph describing the style of the actors’ performances
5. Pros and cons of the film’s effectiveness.
(NOT how well you liked it or didn’t like it, BUT whether or not it was useful in conveying the emotions it dealt with)
The references and photos CAN NOT be used as part of the 5 pages or 1000 words