1. Due Date: Papers are to be submitted to the instructor by the due date.
2. Length: Your paper should be 8-10 pages long (Not including the title page and bibliography).
3. Form: Your paper should be typewritten or computer printed, double-spaced, 12 point true font, 1” margins, and include page numbers. You must submit your original sheets. USE APA FORMAT.
This is a research paper – papers written in first person will NOT receive credit.
(ie. using the pronouns I, we, you) Keep a copy for your records.
4. Organization: Your paper should include a title page and be submitted in a report cover
(plastic sleeve) following this format:
a) Introduction: A paragraph or two that clearly and concisely describes:
1) The topic of your paper
2) The question(s) you will investigate
3) The various points of view or differing explanations proposed on the scientific articles or data on which you are basing your paper.
b) Body – Research Section: This is the core of your paper and should be a discussion of the scientific evidence, with support of behavioral data. The bibliography should consist of at least five (5)
sources (2 of which are books, the rest can be comprised of current (within 5 years) research articles, journal articles, or articles within books).
1) Articles: To effectively use the contents of these articles to support your ideas, be sure to clearly describe:
a) The topic of the research being reported,
b) The researcher’s methods used,
c) The researcher’s conclusions, and
d) The summary of how the research relates to the topic of your paper.
***** 2) Behavioral Data: Interview a trained professional/ knowledgeable perso related to your topic.
c) Conclusion and Opinions: You should state your own opinions, ideas, and conclusions, based on the research you have conducted. Indicate which sources you agree with and which you do not,
and why. What conclusions can you draw from your reading? What important questions related to your topic remain unanswered? Refer back to your
introductory questions or statements.