Based on the readings in Chapter 2, as well as your independent research, prepare a PowerPoint presentation which compares terrorist behavior to criminal behavior. Focus on the differences in motivation, ideology and culture behind the terrorist, as well as the ordinary criminal. What motivates the terrorist? Identify at least three causes and motivations of terrorists. Explain the differences between religious and political terrorism. What motivates other criminal behavior, such as a murderer, a burglar, con artist, drug dealer, etc.? How can culture impact ones behavior and motivation? Provide examples to support your findings.
Your presentation should consist of no less than five slides, excluding the title slide and references slide. Thus, a proper presentation should have a total of 7 slides at a minimum. Below is a suggested format for your presentation to help you get started.
Suggested Presentation Format:
* Cover slide
* What are the causes and motivations of the terrorist? (1 slide)
* What are the motivations of the ordinary violent criminal? (1 slide)
* Examples of terrorists and their motivations; ordinary criminals and their motivations. (1 slide)
* Explain the differences between religious and political terrorism (1-2 slide)
* Discuss the cultural aspects that influence terrorists and criminal behavior (1-2 slide)
* Reference slide(s)
Click here to download a preformatted template for this PowerPoint assignment.
You can change this template as you see fit. It is just there to get you started. Review the PowerPoint Resources section in Course Home for more tips and shortcuts concerning layout and design of your presentation.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the assignment, a successful presentation must also meet the following criteria:
* Length of the presentation should be at least 5 slides, excluding cover slide and references slide(s).
* Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained.
* Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
* Writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
* Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
* Appropriate citation style should be followed.