Politics of international Economic Relations
Choose one of the following:
1. How do economic nationalist theories compare with liberal and neoliberal theories of international economic relations? Which is most pertinent to developing states? Which is most pertinent to developed states?
2. How relevant are neo-Marxist theories of international economic relations? Discuss with reference to East Asia and Africa and Latin America contrasting the situation faced by states in each region.
3. How are poststructuralist perspectives different to the other main theories of international economic relations? Do they advance or detract from our understanding of international political economy in respect of either East Asia or Latin America or Africa?
4. East Asian developmental states achieved rapid economic growth while integrating with the world economy. Assess the ability of African states to successfully emulate the East Asian developmental model.
5. Why did many East Asian states develop at the rapid rate they have and why has this historically not occurred in Latin America? Is it happening now? Which theoretical perspective of international economic relations â€˜bestâ€™ explains this?
6. The economic performance of Latin American countries such as Argentina, Chile and Brazil has been â€˜mixedâ€™. What are the main causes of this? Which theoretical perspective â€˜bestâ€™ explains these causes?
7. African states were expected to â€˜take-offâ€™ economically after becoming independent. But for many their economic development record has been poor. What are the main causes of this? Which theoretical perspective â€˜bestâ€™ explains these causes?
Provide specific examples in support of your arguments, regardless of the topic you choose
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!