1. Which of the following are examples of Goldratt’s Rules of Production Scheduling?
An hour saved at a bottleneck is a mirage
No bottlenecks govern throughput
Utilization and activation are the same
Balance flow, not capacity
2. According to the theory of constraints which of the following can be a CCR?
3. The Shingo approach to quality control depends on which of the following?
Use of statistically based approaches to quality control
Use of source inspection on 100% of the items produced
Extensive use of control charts
Use of a sophisticated method of acceptance sampling
4. Statistical Process Control (SPC) and data from the actual process to statistically monitor the process over time are employed during which step of the DMAIC cycle?
5. According to the theory of constraints, which of the following is an OPERATIONAL measurement that can be used to measure the firm’s ability to make money?
6. The DMAIC cycle of Six Sigma is similar to which of the following quality management topics?
7. The Shingo system of quality control relies heavily on failsafe procedures or devices called what?
8. Identifying critical to quality characteristics (CTQs) takes place in which step of the DMAIC methodology?
9. According to the theory of constraints which of the following is a FINANCIAL measurement that can be used to measure the firm’s ability to make money?
10. Goldratt’s theory of constraints (TOC) could be restated using which of the following?
A system with constraints will not be able to achieve its goals
Any system is limited in achieving more of its goals by a very small number of constraints
A system constraint cannot be identified and thus cannot be improved
Continuous adjustments after a constraint problem is solved will cause more problems
11. The idea that statistical methods of quality control, including six sigma, does not prevent defects, is central to what alternative quality system?
Deming PDCA cycle
12. A bottleneck in a manufacturing process may be targeted and eliminated by employing which of the following?
Install more efficient equipment where capacity is less than the demand
Increase labor equally throughout the system
Increase the capacity of a non bottleneck resource
Increase the idle time of a capacity constrained resource in the system
13. Which of the following is a focusing step of Dr. Eli Goldratt’s theory of constraints?
Do not modify a process after improvement of a constraint is achieved.
Isolate constraints to reduce the constraint’s capacity.
Align the whole system to support processes prior to the constraint.
Identify system constraints that prevent the system from achieving its goal
14. According to Goldratt, which of the following is defined as “any resource whose capacity is less than the demand placed on it”?
Non bottleneck resource
Capacity constrained resource
15. According to the theory of constraints, which of the following would be included in the Throughput operational measurement?
Work in process