DESIGN A TOY PROJECT AND PRESENTATION
You will design a toy/game for a child with one of the following diagnosis (toy must be original)
1. The toy should be goal directed and useful to the child.
2. You will present the toy you have designed to the class. You have 5 minutes to present the toy.
3. An activity analysis will be written on the toy as to how it meets the needs of your population.
4. Your paper must include why and how you designed the toy and for what population. What is the goal of your toy?
5. Your active analysis must answer the questions listed down below. The paper must be a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 8 pages typed double APA format.
6. THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE ACTIVITY ANALYSIS. THIS IS SEPARATE FROM THE PAGE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PAPER.
1. Name of the activity
2. Number of people involved in use of the toy.
3. Supplies and equipment needed to make the toy
4. List all the steps in making the toy
5. Cost of the materials
6. Preparation: Or process needed to make the toy
7. Time: how long did it take to make?
8. For what population is this meaningful?
9. What occupational roles would this toy fulfill?
10. What position can the toy be used in?
11. List any safety issues in playing with this toy, do they need supervision? how much?
12. What motor skills are involved for the child to play with this toy? or how can the toy improve motor function?
13. What cognitive skills are needed to play with this toy?
14. What age group is appropriate to play with this toy?
15. Are communication skills needed to play this toy?
16. Can this toy assist in the improvement of ADL’s (Activities of Daily living)
17. DOes this toy impact improving motor development?
18. Can you grade this toy?
19. What other disabilities would you recommend this toy for?
20. What is the primary goal of this toy?