Sources: Naomi Wolf’s “The Beauty Myth” and Alex Pham’s “Boy, You Fight Like a Girl”
Write a comparative essay that critiques how Pham and Wolf address a shared concern or issue. Identify and unpack a meaningful relationship between the two sources’ claims, approaches, and/or rhetoric, using details from each to support your critique.
• Building on your work in your worksheets, consider the language, evidence, and underlying assumptions in each source. Use “The Method” to begin identifying patterns of repetition and contrast to arrive at a key significant comparison that offers readers something that is not immediately apparent.
• As you think through the relationship between the two texts, review WA for help making your claim more analytical, rather than a tally of obvious similarities and differences.
• Remember that an effective comparison integrates both texts throughout, critiquing each in terms of the other.
Criteria for Evaluation:
• Thesis establishes a significant relationship between two essays, in terms of a common issue or concern. 10 points
• Focused analysis of details in the two sources that serves a larger claim about reasoning, use of evidence, assumptions, and/or approaches to a common issue. 15
• Logical flow of ideas in developed paragraphs with transitions. 5
• Correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and citation.
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!